Sunday, August 18, 2013

Preparing for departure - anticipation and anxiety


Wow. I don't even know where to start. In the blink of an eye, the time has come for me to embark on this incredible journey. For the first time after I have been married for almost 10 years, I will be leaving my family for 4 months. It is not a long time I know, but it is not short either. I don't know how my kids will take it. I don't even know how I will cope without my lovely wife with me. I am certainly anxious about being in a new environment, and having to complete a project with limited control (or so I was told by the previous Fulbrighters).  I am also anxious about the work I will leave behind at school, but I guess the students (and teachers) will have to take care of themselves.

At the same time, I am excited to go on this trip. It really has been a while since I came back to the US after graduating 13 years ago. I would really love to catch up with some of my dearest friends in Madison Wisconsin and maybe even catch an NBA game here in Washington. But most important of all, I would really want to take this opportunity to do something I really enjoy. To take some time to slow down and reflect, to learn and to grow professionally and personally.

But I will still miss my lovely wife and wonderful children. I can only pray God will continue to protect them and comfort them when I am not around.    



No comments:

Post a Comment